This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DesignedMega #CollectiveBias
Over the last few weeks, I have been diligently preparing for the kitchen renovation, by organizing it, cleaning the cabinets out and prepping for a temporary kitchen setup. Even though it’s the kitchen that is getting the makeover, it doesn’t mean that it’s the only room I need to be concerned with! When you have any kind of work done on your home, it throws things out of whack a bit, but when the heart of your home is being gutted AND school is starting back in the middle of it, you need to be super organized throughout the entire house! One of the areas in our house that needed a little TLC, was the guest bathroom – ever since I completed the makeover on it a couple of years ago, I haven’t done anything else to it! One very important thing to do when it comes to keeping your cool during the back to school season, is to make sure that everything is well stocked. I stopped into Target to grab various organizational items to help get the bathroom cabinets whipped into shape, and while I was there, I decided to go ahead and stock up on Quilted Northern Ultra Soft & Strong® (Mega Rolls)!
One of the things that we’re working to improve on, is the number of errands we’re running – we did really well for a while, but recently it’s gotten a bit out of hand! One really easy way we cut down on trips, is buying 12 count packs of Quilted Northern Ultra Soft & Strong Mega Rolls, because they have 4x more sheets, we can go for longer periods of time without refilling the roll (and going to the store)! Quilted Northern Ultra Soft & Strong Mega Rolls are designed to give you more, with four times more on the roll, yet they’re every bit as comfortable as the Quilted Northern you know and love! Who can argue with that?! Oh, and have you heard about the Target Subscription service? I love using it, it’s so easy to use and I can get the products I need, like Quilted Northern, delivered right to my door on a regular basis! The Target Subscription service saves us time, so we can have more quality time as a family, during the busy school year!
Decorating the Bathroom
Box/basket for the back of the toilet
Totes or baskets
New soap pump
Various soap scents
New bathroom rug
- Old towels can be so uninspiring, so I grabbed a few grey towels and they gave the bathroom an instant, no effort lift
- Tuck dryer sheets between towels to keep them smelling fresh (hint, don’t throw them away when you grab a new towel, save them for the next step)
- Use the box that you place on the back of the toilet, to stash the dryer sheets for tucking between towels later
- Add a tote or basket to your bathroom, to keep unsightly items like pet towels etc. (I use a tote to stash all of our junky towels that I use for my hair when I dye it)
- Bring a new soap pump to your counter top and have a selection of different scented soaps to keep things interesting
- Add a new bath rug to keep your tootsies warm in the morning
One of the things that Little Man mentions regularly, is that he really wishes I would add more color to the house…he’s not a fan of the neutrals. Me personally, I LOVE neutrals, but I wanted to do something just for Little Man. To bring a little color to the table, I decided to use a bright pineapple gift wrap to line the cabinets and it complements the coral cabinets nicely! What I love about this pineapple print, is that it’s fun, but it’s not just for kids, adults love it too!
Organizing the Bathroom Cabinets
Drawer liner or gift wrap
Drawer organizer that fits your drawer(s)
Baskets that fit your cabinets
Fresh toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, soap, deodorant and any other toiletries that are used in that space
- Start by purging the cabinets of old groddy things that no one uses anymore (I found several old toothbrushes that never made their way to the garbage)
- Wipe the insides of drawers and cabinets down (mine were hard to clean as the previous owner used an adhesive liner that damaged the surface, so dust loves to stick to it)
- Wait for the cabinets to dry from any cleaners/water
- Place the roll of liner or gift wrap in the drawers and cabinets and measure it to fit
- If you’re going to line the sides of the drawers and cabinets, use double sided tape on the sides and bottoms to keep the liner in place otherwise, you can just slide the gift wrap into the cabinets and drawers
- Place your drawer organizer in the drawer and organize all of the various sundries so they’re easy to find
- Place the basket(s) in the cabinet and fill with spare washcloths, hand towels and Quilted Northern Ultra Soft & Strong Mega Rolls (I stowed Quilted Northern in the cabinet and drawer, it never hurts to have backup)
- Check in on the bathroom once a month or so, to be sure that everything is stocked and in good order
Now your bathroom is refreshed with a little organizing and Quilted Northern! You can find everything that I used to give the bathroom a fresh new look, at Target!
All of the little touches around the bathroom, are simple and quick, but make a huge impact to the space! With the bathroom organized and ready to go, we’re ready to start the school year off right!
What is your #1 tip for keeping the back to school season running smoothly? Make sure to add this Target Cartwheel offer to save on your next purchase of Quilted Northern Ultra Soft & Strong Mega Rolls!
Follow Quilted Northern on your favorite social channels: