This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FreeToBe #CollectiveBias
As the temperatures are changing, we pack away the swimsuits, sundresses and shorts and in exchange, we pull out woolen sweaters, knitted socks and warm snow boots. This time of year is my favorite, it’s festive which makes me delightfully happy, but my skin on the other hand, becomes sensitive and itchy! Because of my itchy fall skin, I tend to be fairly picky about what I wear, and you know how sweaters can be, which severely limits my wardrobe! Over the years I have learned that one of the things I can do to make my clothes more comfortable to wear, is to use the #1 detergent recommended by Dermatologists, Allergists, and Pediatricians for Sensitive Skin: all® free clear detergent and all® free clear Mighty Pacs®. Washing with all® free clear detergent or all® free clear Mighty Pacs® helps remove 99% of the top everyday and seasonal allergens* like dog and cat dander, dust mite matter, ragweed pollen and grass/tree pollen. *all® free clear is not intended to treat or prevent allergies. all® free clear detergent and all® free clear Mighty Pacs® aren’t just the perfect laundry detergents for sensitive skin, they’re also great at fighting tough stains, whitening whites, and brightening colors! When using all® free clear detergent, follow the directions for use on the packaging exactly.
When I wash my cozy winter clothes in all® free clear detergent, I can experience that picture perfect holiday scene, in front of a roaring fire, because I’m free to be comfy! Being able to relax and be myself, makes life wonderful and lovely! To help you kick off the season in “soft, cozy style”, I am sharing a tutorial for creating a pair of super soft pajama pants!
Cozy Flannel Pajama Pants Tutorial
2 yards of flannel material
This pattern pieced together
1/2″ Elastic that stretches easily (cut the elastic approximately 2 inches shorter than your waist)
Note: These are a size small, but to make them medium, add one inch all around. To make them large, add 2 inches all around.
- Fold the fabric in half lengthwise wrong side out
- Place the pattern on top of the fabric and cut two of each pattern (since the fabric is folded in half you will automatically cut two simultaneously)
- Match the two front pieces together wrong sides out and make a 1/4″ seam along the middle
- Repeat the step above for the back pieces
- Unfold the front and back panels
- Match the front and back panels together, wrong sides out
- Make a 1/4″ seam in the middle of the crotch down to the ankle
- Turn the PJs over and make a 1/4″ seam on the other side of the crotch down to the ankle
- On the top outside edge of the PJs make a 1/4″ seam down to the ankle
- Follow the step above for the other outer edge of the PJs
- Make a double 1/2″ hem on each of the ankles
- Make a double 1″ hem on the waistline, but leave a 2 inch opening at the end
- Cut a piece of elastic 2 to 3 inches shorter than your waist (or whatever you find comfortable)
- Attach a paperclip or safety pin to the elastic and fish it through the waistband channel (make sure to keep a hand on the end of the elastic)
- Pull the elastic through the opening and join the elastic ends together with a zig-zag stitch
- Push the elastic into the waistband channel and finish the opening along the original waistband seam (pull the elastic taught while you finish the waistband, so you can easily get a nice neat line without puckering)
- Once your PJs are completed, turn them right side out and wash them in all® Free Clear detergent, the #1 Sensitive Skin Brand
Note: the legs might be longer than you like – simply try the PJs on before hemming the legs and have someone mark them at the bottom of your heel. Trim the fabric off where the fabric was marked and make your 1/2″ double hem at that point.
Tip: when my skin is extra sensitive, I wash the fabric I am using for a project, in all® free clear detergent before starting the work.
These flannel PJs are super soft, but washing them with all® free clear detergent means that I don’t have to worry about perfumes or dyes irritating my skin, making fall, so much more cozy! I purchased my all® free clear detergent and all® free clear Mighty Pacs® at Walmart.
all® free clear detergent was awarded the Seal of Acceptance by the National Eczema Association for having no dyes, perfumes, certain chemicals, and irritating residues! What is your favorite piece of fall clothing? Continue the conversation by being an all® free clear connector!