It’s been a busy week: I was featured on Tater Tots and Jello, I did my first guest post on Crafty Allie’s site and I was nominated for the Liebster Award. I have to give a lot of thanks not only to those who gave me notice, but also to my hubby for guiding me in the right direction with networking and promoting. Things weren’t going in the direction I wanted, but my man gave me a few ideas and since then, things have been moving right along.
Before I was nominated for the Liebster I was aware that it was a good thing, but was unsure of exactly what it was and you might not know either so I have the lowdown from Lorraine’s blog Wording Well
I want to thank Marisa from Burlap and Bananas for nominating me for the Liebster, she is a creative sweetheart!
The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
If you were nominated and use these rules make sure to link back to Wording Well as it was her hard work that went into making these easily available for us.
11 random facts about me:
1. I love eating Doritos or jalapeno chips and chocolate ice cream together. No I’m not pregnant and I never craved anything while I was.
2. I like selling things, whatever it is I see a value in everything and I hate throwing things out when I know I could make money on it.
3. I adore Doctor Who with a stipulation: when David Tennant was on it and when Russell Davies wrote for it. When Rose went over to the other dimension I cried, the relationship between Rose and the Doctor just felt so real…but I loved Mickey too and his part was so sad, well until he married Martha. I don’t normally get into shows period, but I really enjoyed it and watch it over and over.
4. When I found out Bernie Mac died, I went in my room and cried. I didn’t know him, but his secondary cause of death is the same thing that my hubby suffers from and it just hit really close to home. If they were ever to make another Ocean’s it would never be the same because Bernie really made the movies perfect.
5. As an adult my siblings and myself wrote a fake radio show complete with characters and voices for each one, commercials, bumper music and everything you name it. Don’t tell them I told you!
6. I visited Russia 10 years ago, I loved seeing the very authentic side to the country. I wasn’t prepared once while standing on the Metro and when it took off I almost fell on top of a babushka! Yikes!
7. I am Serbian and I have my own babushka of course we called her baba (said bubba), but when you’re in the south or around non-Eastern Europeans they get confused and just think it’s a typical nickname, but for a boy.
8. I secretly half enjoy watching wrestling or if you’re familiar with the old school version “wrastlin”, it’s pretty amusing. I love John Cena’s theme song, it totally cracks me up. I met Jerry Lawler last year at a promo event, I didn’t get my own autograph but I did talk to him. And The Rock who doesn’t love The Rock? Quite frankly it’s funniest when he is in kids movies; he’s not such a bad actor. And Sheamus. OMG. Nuff said! Ha!
9. I have a hard time accepting compliments; I always thought people were just being nice and didn’t mean them, but as I have gotten older I realize that for the most part people are a lot more sincere than I ever gave them credit for and I have been enjoying what others give me more.
10. I trained in opera as a teenager however, I suffer from severe stage fright and refused to perform. I do love to sing though and there is not a day that goes by that I don’t sing!
11. I get Kevin Costner and Robert Duvall mixed up: I always say Kevin Duvall and Robert Costner, but does it really matter they’re both in a couple of the greatest westerns together so doesn’t that sort of make them the same? Yeah and westerns are freaking awesome! I wish I could look as cool as Clint Eastwood with a cig half hanging out of my mouth mumbling some sort of plan that sounds scarier than Chucky looks.
I did my best to research if my nominees had 1000 or fewer subscribers; if you have more I apologize, you still deserve an award though, because all of you are awesome!
Here are the questions for my nominees:
Information given by woodsofbelltrees.com is their personal opinion only and should not be construed as professional advice, users should consult with a professional before using or performing any method laid out.