This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ZiplocBackToSchool #CollectiveBias
It’s hard to believe, but we’re already through the first month of summer break, which means it’s time to start planning for the coming school year! Though we homeschool, it’s still important to stay organized, because it helps us get through our schoolwork without distractions! One of the things that I have learned over the past 4 years of homeschooling, is that having a warm meal every day is just as important as getting to our lessons. When we have a warm delicious meal, it helps us stay focused and prevents cases of the grumpies!
While I don’t always have the time to stop and cook on a daily basis, I prevent mealtime chaos by turning to Ziploc® brand products. I love purchasing them from Kroger and find that I tend to buy Ziploc® brand Freezer Bags the most! Ziploc® brand Freezer Bags allow me to make large batches of food to freeze for a later time.
My favorite aspects of Ziploc® brand products are the seals and the sturdiness. Due to their quality, I never have to worry about them failing on me! I also love the Easy Open Tabs® on the Ziploc® brand Bags® because they make opening and gripping the bags easier than ever! Ziploc® brand products also help keep school supplies organized and within reach for my kids.
I always keep Ziploc® brand Freezer Bags with Easy Open Tabs® for freezer meals, along with Ziploc® brand Sandwich Bags and Ziploc® brand Snack Bags both with Easy Open Tabs®, they’re perfect for foods like, sandwiches, carrot sticks, fruit, and cookies! Today I’m sharing a Make-Ahead Taco recipe, so you can always be ready with a warm meal, no matter how busy you are this back to school season!
- 3 pounds of hamburger meat
- All purpose seasoning
- 2 14.5oz cans tomatoes with peppers
- 2 15.5oz cans black beans
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 bunch of chopped cilantro
- Place the hamburger meat on a skillet and cook on medium-high or until the hamburger meat reaches 165 F.
- Season the meat to taste.
- Add tomatoes with peppers, black beans, and onions and cook until heated through.
- Add cilantro and mix.
- Once everything has finished cooking, allow to cool for a little while and divide the taco meat up between Ziploc® brand Freezer Bags with Easy Open Tabs®.
- Once divided, seal the Ziploc® brand Freezer Bags with Easy Open Tabs® and place in the freezer.
- This recipe is enough for 4 separate meals depending on the size of your family.
- To gauge how much your family eats, prepare a double batch of the tacos and let everyone dig in.
- Keep track of how much filling each person uses.
- Based on what your family ate, separate what is left of the taco mixture into Ziploc® brand Freezer Bags with Easy Open Tabs® – put enough taco mixture in each bag to cover an entire meal.
- Seal the bags and freeze until you’re ready to use.
- To use, simply place the Make-Ahead Tacos in the refrigerator the night before.
- To reheat the Make-Ahead Tacos, simply pour the taco meat into a microwave safe bowl and microwave in one-minute increments, or until the meat is heated through.
Creating Make-Ahead Tacos saves me time so I don’t have to stop and cook every single day! I absolutely love this taco recipe because it is simple, delicious, and always ready to feed hungry bellies. Utilizing Ziploc® brand products cuts down on the chaos giving me more time to focus on my family during the back to school season!
How do Ziploc® brand products help you and your family?
Ziploc® brand products are available in freezer, storage, sandwich and snack varieties!