This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #StartWithJifPowder #CollectiveBias
It’s been four years since I started lifting weights and this year, I decided I wanted to kick things up by adding additional workouts and eating better. When it comes to eating better I have a really tough time, because treats are my favorite part of the day. I needed to come up with something that was better for me than treats, but still satisfied my sweet tooth! When I was shopping at Walmart the other day, I happened upon Jif Peanut Powder – I was really excited because Jif Peanut Powder has 85% less fat and the same protein content that traditional peanut butter has! Jif Peanut Powder only has the good stuff in it: freshly roasted peanuts, that’s it, just one ingredient! My excitement for Jif Peanut Powder only grew when I saw that Jif also has a Chocolate Peanut Powder! Jif’s Chocolate Peanut Powder contains delicious freshly roasted peanuts, semisweet chocolate and just a hint of sugar! I decided to grab of few bags of Jif Peanut Powder from Walmart to create a peanut butter cup granola that’s perfect for breakfast or when my sweet tooth kicks in!
Peanut Butter Cup Granola
- 10 T Jif Peanut Powder
- 6 C rolled oats
- 1 C coconut oil (in a liquid state)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 C whole wheat flour
- 1 C mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 C crushed honey roasted peanuts (I used a food processor)
- Preheat oven to 250F
- Whisk the Jif Peanut Powder with the coconut oil until well combined
- In a large mixing bowl add oats and pour Jif Peanut Powder and coconut oil over the oats
- Mix the Jif Peanut Powder and coconut oil together into the oats thoroughly
- Mix whole wheat flour and sea salt together
- Sprinkle the flour and sea salt mixture over the oats and mix together thoroughly
- Mix in the chocolate chips and the crushed honey roasted peanuts
- Spread evenly on a cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes, allow to cool
- Once cool, serve with Silk Almond Milk and enjoy
- Note: If you'd like a more chocolaty peanut butter cup granola, you can use the Jif Chocolate Peanut Powder instead
Jif Peanut Powder is different from other peanut powders, in that it has no added sugar or salt, making it perfect for diets and everyday! I’m thrilled to add Jif Peanut Powder to my diet for that wonderful peanut butter flavor without the extra fat and to satisfy my sweet tooth without a bunch of unnecessary carbs! With Jif Peanut Powder, I don’t have to sacrifice to eat better, the only sacrifice I’ll have to make is in my workouts!
What is your favorite way to use Jif Peanut Powder?